Finding a floor covering that is stain-resistant may be difficult. Almost all floor coverings have certain drawbacks. As a result, it’s essential to wear sturdy shoes while walking on concrete for apparent reasons. Epoxy floors seem to have fewer downsides and more benefits, making them an ideal option for a wide range of applications. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of this material before you decide to use it in your house or place of business.
Epoxy Flooring Benefits:
- Affordability-Epoxy floors have a low cost per square foot when compared to other forms of flooring. Because it can be laid directly over concrete and other kinds of flooring, it’s cheaper to install than other options. Epoxy flooring’s low cost is one of the greatest and most apparent benefits. Epoxy flooring in sunshine coast costs around 1$/sq.ft.
- Appearance- Epoxy flooring is a lot more radiant and polished-looking than the typical garage floor. Even just looking at them makes you want to use them. The flat and smooth surface makes sweeping and maintaining it a breeze. Cleaning up messes is a breeze on this sort of flooring since little clings to it.
- Resistance- Oil, gasoline, bleach, transmission fluid, and other household cleaners do not affect epoxy flooring. So, it’s no surprise that garages and the automobile sector use them so regularly. Epoxy floor coating is heat and water-resistant as well as resistant to chemical spills and cleansers. Chemical spills have little impact on the coating, making them almost indestructible.
- Durability- Epoxy floors are highly regarded for their sturdiness, and they outlast many other floor coverings. Concrete is the only material that can compete, but it must be sealed and maintained regularly to keep its strength and durability. In any case, epoxy floor coatings need the use of concrete underneath them. Epoxy floor coating increases the durability of concrete by covering it with a layer of resin. The anti-fatigue properties are a bonus, and they may be applied on cement without the need for mortar or glue. Consider purchasing epoxy resins for wood on wood improvement if you want to go the additional mile in caring for your flooring.
- Protective-Water, stains, oil, and cracks are all deterred by epoxy flooring’s top layer of protection: epoxy flooring. You may save a huge amount of money on cleaning and upkeep in the long run by eliminating the need to clean carpet or grout. For the time and protection it provides, it’s also of great value. Nevertheless, the durability of epoxy flooring is dependent on the skill of the person who installs it. An excellent epoxy floor in your area is what you’re looking for.
- The longevity-Epoxy coating has a higher wear resistance than many other forms of flooring, making it a better investment. It won’t fracture or peel if done correctly, and it may endure for decades. Commercial and industrial users value its long lifetime in addition to its strength.
- Variety-As a flooring material, epoxy may be a fantastic option. This product comes in various colours, each of which has a flawless, smooth, and lovely sheen. Traditional patterns and motifs may be created using flooring or customised to fit your tastes. It’s a cost-effective solution to modify basic concrete and enhance the ambience of a house or workplace because of the variety of options.
- Safety-When the epoxy is used as a garage floor coating, it has an additional benefit: it improves visibility within the garage by reflecting light to the ceiling.
Epoxy Flooring Drawbacks:
- Temporary- Epoxy is a transitory flooring option, which is one of its drawbacks. Even though it’s tough and long-lasting, you’ll ultimately have to replace it. Epoxy floors, unlike certain other types of flooring, get worn out over time. You’ll need to reapply epoxy every few months to maintain the surface looking excellent. It’s unavoidable, particularly if anything heavy is dumped on the floor’s surface.
- Slippery- Epoxy flooring provides a good amount of traction because of its non-slip properties. This isn’t a widespread scam. It only applies to oil-covered epoxy, which may be slick. When they’re wet, however, they’re slippery, so be careful. Spills of water on the floor can ruin them, so avoid using them in such locations. This is another flaw in the system. However, if you can texturise your floor, you may reduce this danger to some extent.
- Application– In addition to the lengthy process of preparing the concrete, covering it with epoxy takes time. In addition, thorough drying takes many days. Therefore, before applying the second layer of epoxy, the first coat must be dry.
Regulations Regarding Epoxy Flooring In Sunshine Coast
Epoxy flooring in sunshine coast and all types of construction, erection, renovation, alteration, extension require a license if the value of the work exceeds $3300.
Key legislations for the licenses are
- Section 42, QBCC Act;
- Schedule 1A, QBCC Act;
- Schedule 2, QBCC Act;
- Schedule 1, QBCC Regulation;
- Schedule 2, QBCC Act.