Getting injured in a mishap in Boston is traumatic enough, but if the accident happened because someone chose to be negligent, you have reasons to feel angry and overwhelmed. Filing an injury claim and recovering a settlement can be a tough task, which is exactly why you need an attorney. Law firms like Turco Legal, P.C. ensure that clients get the support they need, and in this guide, we have a few handy tips for choosing the right injury lawyer.
- See the response. When you call an attorney’s office, you should be able to get through quickly. If there is no response or you don’t get a return call within a day, make sure that you don’t linger for long. You have limited time to deal with the immediate aftermath, and the sooner you hire an attorney, the better.
- Find out about the lawyer’s credentials. You need an attorney who is focused on personal injury claims, and they should have credible experience handling claims that are comparable to yours. For instance, you may have a medical malpractice claim, but if the lawyer has only handled auto accident cases, they may not know it all.
- Discuss the lawyer’s trial experience. Injury lawyers don’t usually need to go to court, but some cases are different and end up in litigation. Make sure that you discuss the trial experience of the attorney to be sure that they can represent you at trial if needed. You can ask the lawyer about their top cases and settlements.
- Get more through reviews. While injury lawyers will be happy to share references, you should still consider checking online reviews on Google and social media sites. A lawyer with many good reviews and positive outcomes is certainly a potential option. You can further meet an attorney to know them better.
- Know the expenses. As a client, you are not expected to pay an injury lawyer in Boston until you recover a settlement. However, other expenses related to fighting and investigating the case are still your responsibility. Ensure that you ask about the extras in advance. Also, you should know whether you need to pay the attorney in advance for all that.
Finally, ask the lawyer how they plan to communicate with you. Even when an injury lawyer is busy, they should make time for your queries or at least have a team that can take care of client communication.