Physical therapy is very important for people having neurological disorders, traumatic injuries, and many other conditions. For this, you have a trained professional that evaluates and takes proper measures to improve the physical functionality of an individual. They are experts in treating various injuries, disabilities, and health conditions.
The main aim of a physical therapist is to improve the person’s range of movement and quality of life. They work in various healthcare settings like hospitals, rehabilitation centers, private clinics, government agencies, nursing homes, and many more. If you are looking for some benefits of physical therapy Charleston, then you can contact The Rehab Docs. These doctors here are experts who will inform you about the kind of injuries you got along with the proper diagnosis of your condition.
About Physical therapy
This is a rehabilitative treatment in which the therapist will help you recover from your injuries and reduce the chances of you needing surgery. They make you set up some goals, help you meet those goals and restore your mobility. They make use of various physical therapy techniques to treat you non-surgically.
Following are the therapies offered by the physical therapist in Charleston:
- Chiropractic care
- Electrical stimulation
- Light therapy
- Hot and cold therapy
The providers will plan this treatment depending on the individual’s requirements. They will work together with the other providers who treat you. Physical therapy can work alone or with other treatments that can help you heal and recover.
Benefits of Physical Therapy
Depending on your problem, you will see the following benefits of physical therapy:
- Pain management without any use of opioids
- No need for surgery
- Improvement in your mobility
- Recovery from the injury, trauma or paralysis, or stroke
- Prevention of losing balance
- Management of age-related medical problems
Types of Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic physical therapy: In this therapy, they choose to treat musculoskeletal injuries related to muscles, bones, ligaments, fascia, and tendons
- Geriatric physical therapy: This helps treat older people with physical and mobility issues like arthritis, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s disease, etc.
- Neurological physical therapy: This treats neurological conditions such as brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease, cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s disease, etc.
- Cardiovascular and pulmonary therapy: This helps treat people with cardiopulmonary conditions
- Wound care therapy: This ensures that a wound is receiving enough oxygen and blood by the improved mode of circulation
- Vestibular therapy: This treats balance problems coming from inner ear conditions.
To get the best results from this physical therapy, you would need a good and well-known professional in Charleston with good experience. So, before you select someone, make sure that they are good enough for hiring.