Cosmetic dentistry has come a long way in the last two decades. More people are anxious about their smile aesthetics and are willing to spend money on procedures that fix their concerns. Thanks to Google, finding a cosmetic dentist in Bismarck doesn’t have to be complicated. Before you step in, here is an overview of a few common procedures.
Benefits of cosmetic dentistry
Various cosmetic dentistry procedures are available to fix concerns like issues with shape, size, and alignment of teeth. Your dentist may use certain procedures to fix gaps between teeth, improve and correct bites, repair broken/chipped teeth, or replace missing teeth. Usually, cosmetic dentistry is safe and can be considered for most patients.
Knowing the common procedures
- Dental Bonding: This procedure involves using tooth-colored resin to fix the look of frontal teeth. Bonding is particularly useful for repairing broken teeth and closing gaps between two teeth.
- Veneers: Porcelain veneers are wafer-thin shells, which help cover the frontal surface of the teeth. Veneers can help fix the shape and color of teeth and lasts for as long as 15 years. The process is, however, not reversible.
- Crowns: Think of crowns like a cap that’s used to encase and support a damaged tooth and improve its shape, size, and strength. Crowns can last for as long as 15 years and are often necessary after a root canal procedure.
- Enamel shaping: This is a simple cosmetic dentistry procedure that involves shaping natural teeth. Enamel shaping is only used for minor concerns and imperfections, and the results are immediate. Your dentist may combine the procedure with bonding or veneers.
- Braces: If you have misaligned teeth, your dentist may recommend using braces. You are required to wear braces for at least a few weeks or months to get desired effects. Traditional braces are made of metal, while there are also new-age ones that come with translucent trays.
- In-office teeth whitening: True to the name, teeth whitening is a procedure that can help improve the sparkle of your smile. While the procedure is relatively safe, the patient needs to have healthy and unrestored teeth.
Wondering if you can fix your smile and feel more confident? Find a clinic that specializes in cosmetic dentistry and ask the dentist about options. Ensure that you understand the pros and cons of a procedure before you agree to the same. Some cosmetic dentistry procedures are expensive, and it’s best to get an estimate in advance.