Choosing a laptop is not an easy and very responsible business. Before choosing a good laptop, you need to clearly define for what purpose it will be used. This will help to compile a list of characteristics that the device should have. Most manufacturers offer ready-made assemblies, and buyers only need to choose the most suitable option.
What characteristics do not need to overpay?
- A screen with a resolution higher than Full HD. Laptops have small screens and pixel densities are very high even at 1080p, so higher resolutions are, in our opinion, meaningless in terms of picture quality. And displays with excessive resolution consume more battery power and require much more resources for displaying images, which negatively reflects on system performance, and also has problems with Windows scaling.
- Choose balanced models for your games. It makes no sense to choose a laptop with a budget video card on the top-end processor for games, the performance will still rest on the capabilities of the graphics chip, and the processor will be idle. It also makes no sense to choose on the weakest processor and top-end video card. In this case, the processor simply will not be able to prepare a sufficient number of frames for the video card, and it will not be fully loaded.
- Discrete graphics card. If you choose a laptop for watching movies, the Internet, studying, working in office applications – the graphics built into the processor can easily cope with such tasks. Plus, a discrete graphics card will consume battery power faster.
- Excessive amount of RAM. The amount of RAM does not speed up the laptop, so it makes no sense to take a laptop with much more space than is required for your tasks. If you are concerned about the relevance of the amount of memory, it is better to simply consider options with the possibility of a future upgrade.
- The fingerprint scanner. A fingerprint scanner is a convenient alternative to entering a password. But the price of laptops with a scanner is quite high, so the user must consider whether they need to overpay for such a function.
How to choose a laptop for work?
For offices, budget models with a sufficient level of productivity are suitable. As a rule, they lack a discrete graphics card, so they will not cope with powerful games at medium to high quality settings. How to choose a laptop for work? If the nature of the work activity makes the user constantly move, then light ultra-thin devices should be preferred just like Huawei Matebook x pro 15 inch. If you need to find a good replacement for your desktop PC, choose a laptop with a large display. The optimal characteristics of laptops will be as follows:
- 6-inch screen.
- RAM volume – at least 4 GB;
- To work with documents, a 128-256GB drive will be enough. For office tasks, the volume of the hard disk is most often of secondary importance, so it is better to give preference to an SSD drive with a small volume, but with higher speed indicators.
- A laptop with an integrated video card is suitable for working with documents, and a powerful processor is needed to work with graphics.
- The presence of at least 3 USB ports.
How to Choose a Laptop for Study?
A compact and productive laptop will be useful for a student of any specialty. How to choose the right laptop? The device must have the following characteristics:
- Compact size, light weight;
- Durable body, high build quality;
- High startup speed (a laptop with a solid-state drive (SSD) starts up much faster);
- Battery life from 5 hours;
- Required set of interfaces: several ports USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, DVI /HDMI.