All phenomena we see around us, work on a delicate mechanism stemming from something behind the curtains. The same is the case with the business world. Operations make for quality control, cost management strategies, and overlooking the logistics of creating a product or service. MBA in operations management’s scope is to nurture these skills.
The ultimate goal of operations is to maximize the efficiency and productive output of the company and deliver ultimate performance. To learn how to cater to the routine and everyday as well as big-picture processes that frame the core of a company, and also an entire thread of work involved in the production of goods and services is an MBA in operations management’s scope.
Operations make up for the center of the picture and someone who graduated from a good college like Aditya Institute of Management or the popular IIMs is detail-oriented, enjoys multitasking, and loves the rewards of running a company on paper and in practice.
Picking up a perfect college with a diverse MBA in operations management scope becomes essential for an ideal start to the career. Colleges like the Aditya Institute of Management provide training in not only theoretical concepts and ideas but hands-on, practical skills too.
Skills to carve out!
MBA in operations management’s scope stretches far and wide across all industries as operations make up for any running processes or exchange in a corporate setup, be it a bank or a small grocery shop. Some essential skills propel one’s career in the right direction at the speed of light. Along with higher pay, the specialization focuses on some of the skills that are listed below:
- Detailed insights into logistics of any firm
- Managerial economics
- International business management
- Business policy and strategic management
- Optimization of data and resources
- Business analytics
Job options coming your way!
Opportunities for an operations manager open up like the horizon and create a plethora of job offers in reputable organizations from multiple sectors of different industries across the globe. There is also a bucket full of scope for operations managers in the consultancy sector as well. Colleges like Aditya Institute of Management not only nurture theoretical skills but necessary practical aspects as well. Some of the opportunities which can fly your way are:
- Operations Manager
- Plant Manager
- General Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Supply Chain Program Manager
- Inventory Control Manager
A professional surely feels the hit of the MBA in operations management’s scope after graduation with the various different job prospects that come to the table and the enablers of that, colleges like Aditya Institute of Management and IIMs provide extensive hands-on and practical training which is of utmost importance for this field.
Top colleges to consider!
A good college provides a good balance for the students in all the spheres, enhancing MBA in operations management’s scope and further creating internship and job opportunities that enhance a student’s career graph. The top 3 colleges for studying the course are:
- NARSEE MONJEE INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES, MUMBAI – located in Mumbai and known for its prestigious course structure and well trained and experienced faculty, NMIMS crafts out MBA in operations management’s scope in a balanced way. Moreover, it boasts a great campus life with well-equipped classrooms. Placements are amazing and the average package is around 4.30 LPA from top recruiters like BCG, Bain, and McKinsey. The institute has a detailed course structure that promises all-round development of not only theoretical but also hands-on practical skills.
- SP JAIN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES: One of the premium business schools of India, the institute was listed on number 18 by NIRF Management ranking in 2020. It is one of the top colleges in terms of faculty and has a great placement record. The emphasis on quality is a plus point and it facilitates a space to experiment and develop a practical outlook on operations management. It hosts big MNCs for placements and boasts a placement percentage of 95%
- ADITYA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT: Established in 1998 and located in Pune, the institute is one of the best MBA for operations management. It has one of the best placement cells and has a great record with various MNCs visiting the campus. The alumni network is also one of the top factors which contribute to the plus points of this college. Aditya Institute of Management should be on your list for all these reasons!