Currently, people are turning head over heels for minimally invasive cosmetic procedures. These therapies help enhance the texture of your skin and fight signs of aging, giving you a youthful appearance. Microneedling is one such aesthetic procedure that addresses your skin concerns and can also help with some medical conditions.
New Braunfels Strive IV and Wellness team provide microneedling treatments to stimulate collagen production in aging skin.
An introduction to microneedling
Microneedling, or collagen stimulation therapy, is a procedure that uses small needles to puncture the superficial layers of the skin. It helps to treat skin-related issues like acne scars, stretch marks, or wrinkles. Collagen is an essential structural protein found in your body that supports the tissue barrier keeping your skin firm and healthy. As you age, your collagen levels deplete leading to loss of elasticity. This causes your skin to become dull, sagging with wrinkles and fine lines.
During the procedure, your doctor uses derma rollers with multiple tiny needles that cause small punctures on your skin. This kicks in your body’s defense mechanism and stimulates the natural healing process to produce new collagen and tissue. This enhances the overall skin elasticity.
Benefits of microneedlin
Microneedling can offer you the following benefits when performed by an experienced dermatologist:
- Involves less trauma to the surrounding structures
- Painless, and bloodless
- Minimal post-treatment side effects
- Reduces wrinkles, fine lines, sun damage, and age spots
- Improves your skin elasticity
- Imparts a radiant glow to the skin
- Boosts your confidence
Microneedling is an outpatient procedure performed in a clinical setup. The procedure is as follows:
- Your doctor will clean your skin, and numb it using a topical anesthetic gel.
- A special hand-held derma roller or an electric tool will be used that consists of tiny needles.
- The device will be carefully rolled over your skin to cause micro-injuries.
- It is normal to expect a mild pricking sensation, but it is short-lived.
- Once the procedure is completed, your doctor will apply a calming serum or lotion to soothe your skin.
- The procedure may take around 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- The number of sessions required depends on your individual needs.
You are expected to notice visible results within a couple of weeks. However, it is best to avoid the following during your first week of recovery:
- Sun exposure
- Skincare products with retinol
Microneedling is a safe cosmetic procedure that boosts collagen production in your body to improve skin elasticity. It helps fight signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, sagging skin, and age spots. With proper post-treatment care, you can achieve flawless, youthful, and radiant skin within a couple of weeks.