Every worker should know that it is important to equip themselves with reliable gear to ensure safety in the workplace. It is especially important to wear safety gears in hazardous workplaces. It wouldn’t hurt to invest in equipment that gives you comfortability as well as protection at work.
Each workplace has various and specific needs. Safety footwear is one of the essentials that is always needed when working. There are many types of safety footwear available in the market, such as Blue Steel work boots, composite toe work boots, etc. So, here’s a guide for anyone interested in finding the best safety footwear to invest in.
What makes safety boots important?
Safety boots and footwear offer different levels of protection depending on their design and their purpose. It is very important to ensure that the correct level of protection is met depending on the potential hazards involved in your workplace. Some of the common injury risks are:
- Crushing injuries due to impact of heavy objects
- Puncture to the sole due to sharp objects
- Chemical exposure
- Extreme temperatures
Safety boots features
Safety boots are made exactly for a single purpose — to protect the worker’s feet from possible accidents. But this type of footwear has different features to protect the wearer. Features like,
- Insulation — this type of footwear does not conduct electricity, so it protects the worker from open electrical circuits. It not only protects against live electricity, but also keeps the feet warm or cool. It is ideal for workplaces that deal with electricity and are subject to extreme temperatures.
- Static dissipative – safety boots are designed to reduce the buildup of excess static electricity in the body.
- Non Flammable – this type of footwear is ideal for those working in hazardous environments that deal with flammable liquids and gases as well as explosives.
- Slip-resistant – the boot’s outsoles use a component that reduces the risk of slips, especially in wet, oily, or greasy working environments.
- Waterproof – this type of footwear prevents the water from seeping into the footwear and to keep your feet warm and dry.
- Puncture Resistant – the flexible mid-sole underneath reduces the risk of getting puncture wounds from sharp objects that are lying around
Some Known Types of Work Boots
1. Blue Steel Work Boots
It utilizes comfort technology that absorbs shock and cushions the feet to lessen fatigue. It’s known to be durable and fit-for-purpose because it gives a lightweight feeling when worn.
2. Composite Toe Work Boots
Visit the site: Khatrimaza
They are generally lighter in weight and usually made from a combination of plastics or carbon fibres to protect your toes. Although they don’t offer as much protection as Blue Steel work boots, they can be advantageous to some lines of work as they do not set off metal detectors.
Read more about: Comment on Instagram
3. Oil-resistant Hazard Work Boots
This type of work boots is designed with durable glue lines that include leather uppers and polyurethane soles that help withstand repetitive use around the workplace with oil and petroleum products.
Keep in mind that selecting the correct type of safety footwear for yourself or your employees is necessary to prevent injuries from happening in the workplace. If you want to ensure safety, find the right boots.
Read more about: Filmygod