Sex gives you a feeling of fine pleasure. But sometimes, it may cause pain in females, a condition known as dyspareunia. Not only it hurts you physically, but it may add an emotional and mental burden on your mind. Your relationship with your partner may also get affected because you are unable to fulfill their demands, or it makes you feel uncomfortable. At this stage, your partner needs to be cooperative and helpful. If your partner is facing any difficulty during sex, you should listen to it full attention and try to help them out. Sometimes you can help them get rid of pain just by changing positions. Do not make your partner feel bad about it. If you have a complaint of pain during sex, you should visit the best sexologist in Islamabad.
What are the Symptoms of Painful Sex?
Painful intercourse may be accompanied by the following symptoms;
- Pain when your partner enters the penis
- Pain with every kind of penetration, even when you try to put a tampon
- Burning pain
- Aching pain
- Pain during thrusting
- A throbbing pain that lasts many hours after intercourse
What Can Cause Pain During Sex?
Sex in women can become painful due to the following reasons;
- Vaginismus- it is a condition in which the muscles of the vagina contract involuntarily, which may result in pain upon penis insertion. It may happen when you have a fear of being hurt.
- Infections or inflammation- any infections of the vagina or cervix may make it painful to have sex. Having an inflammatory condition like eczema or allergy at the genital region can also make sex painful for you. A urinary tract infection can also cause pain during sex.
- Not enough lubrication- lubrication also plays an essential role in sex. When the woman does not have enough lubricated vagina, or there is a lack of foreplay, it can result in vaginal dryness, which eventually leads to painful sex. Your vagina can also become dry due to hormonal changes after the birth of a child, during breastfeeding, or menopause. Certain medications can also affect your sexual desire and vaginal lubrication, such as;
- Birth control pills
- Injury or trauma- having a recent injury due to an accident or procedure like episiotomy can make sex painful. In these conditions, you should give your body enough time to heal up. If you would not give your body the right time to recover, it may lead to other complications.
Certain health conditions- some health conditions can make sex painful for you, such as;
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Uterine prolapse
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Retroverted uterus
- Uterine fibroids
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Ovarian cysts
- Emotional factor- sex is a thing to be done with mental tuning. When you are not comfortable with the person, it may result in pain during sex. Having a fear with the person, or fear of sex can lead to problems during it. Problems or discomfort in intimacy leads to low sexual arousal, which in turn makes sex difficult. In these cases, it is essential to have an open conversation with your partner.
Everyone wants to do sex to feel good, to have a sense of pleasure. If it gives you pain, then you need something to change. Sometimes only an open, heart-to-heart conversation with your partner can pave a solution to your problem.
You should not feel bad talking about it. If your problem does not resolve on its own, you should consult with a health care provider. To get an expert opinion, you can visit the best sexologist in Lahore.